We offer in-office and take-home teeth whitening procedures for patients who want to improve their smiles with whiter, brighter teeth. There are a variety of reasons for tooth discoloration, ranging from eating habits to genetics.
There are some foods and drinks that can cause the teeth to discolor. Even the discontinued use of such foods and beverages will not restore teeth to their original whiteness.
Causes of Tooth Discoloration:
- Trauma to the tooth can also cause discoloration, and this could even include trauma caused by the long-term effects of some dental procedures such as dental fillings.
- It has long been established that the use of tobacco products such as cigarettes and chewing tobacco causes staining of the teeth.
- Perhaps a lesser known fact is that some medications can also stain the teeth.
- Age is another factor in teeth discoloration because of the normal use over the course of a long life.
- Another factor in tooth coloration is environmental. For example, in areas where there is a naturally high fluoride content in the water, this could lead to discolored teeth of those who use that water source as their drinking water.
- Some people have naturally brighter and thicker enamel than others, and set the standard for tooth whiteness.
The Whitening Procedure
Using the KöR Whitening technique, we can provide you with an optimal whitening procedure. Saliva can break down peroxide, which is a main ingredient in teeth whitening solutions. The trays used in the KöR Whitening process are designed to keep saliva out.
Another challenge to teeth whitening is the presence of what dentists refer to as gingival sulcular fluids (GSF). These are the fluids commonly found in swollen and infected gums. Unfortunately, like saliva, GSF contains the enzyme peroxidase, which destroys peroxide.
Fortunately, the creators of KöR Whitening took this into consideration as well when designing the whitening trays! The trays are designed to keep GSF from seeping in and diminishing the effectiveness of the peroxide in the KöR Whitening solution.
Brighten Your Smile Today!
The KöR Whitening treatment can be done in our cosmetic dentist office in La Mesa by our trained staff or you can do it yourself in the comfort of your own home. If your teeth need whitening, call Javadi Smiles Family Dentistry today!